They can hardly stand having to wait until Christmas to give their gifts (If Will had his wish they would open them all the night they wrap them in TN. Most of the time at least one or two gifts have been revealed before we even make it back to our hotel from the $ store.) Still, somehow we manage to hold them off until Christmas Eve night. And, then, in those few short minutes that it takes to give out the eagerly awaited gifts, we are visited by a moment of parenting bliss that comes only a few times a year. Our children beam from ear to ear as they hand out their gifts, one by one, and tell why they chose it for that particular person. They actually LOVE giving their gifts to each other. It is truly a magical moment. Scroll down and share in our Delight!
Wesley and Will opening gifts from Ty.
One of those wooden 3d puzzles - perfect!
I can't even remember who was giving here or what the gift was, but look at the happiness all over their faces.
Will received electric pencils and a punching balloon.
Ty gave Chuck a wrist support - just the right thing for him following wrist surgery.
A swiss army knife for Dad from Will.
Riley got a bubblegum machine from Wesley this year. (Riley had given the boys one last year and had been covetous of their candy for months. I think Wesley may have had ulterior motives here. )
Wesley knew Ty would be thrilled with a weapon. Don't worry it's plastic.
Look at that face. It may be plastic, but I think I'd take this boy seriously!I would like to say here that I did indeed get presents as well. I just don't have any pictures to show for it.
Okay, so another tradition on Christmas Eve is all four kids sleeping on a pallet together in the boy's room. Don't be fooled by these happy faces. By the end of this picture taking session we were threatening coal in the stocking. They do look like they actually like one another here, though.
Okay, so another tradition on Christmas Eve is all four kids sleeping on a pallet together in the boy's room. Don't be fooled by these happy faces. By the end of this picture taking session we were threatening coal in the stocking. They do look like they actually like one another here, though.








No comments:
Post a Comment