Saturday, December 25, 2010

CHRISTMAS MORNING!

Classic shot from the top of the stairs . . .


The boys were thrilled to find airsoft guns under the tree.


And a practice putting green.


And a Bow and Arrow for Ty!


But there was no greater joy on Christmas morning, than the joy that Riley Catherine expressed when she pulled away a nightgown to reveal her first American Girl doll, Rebekah!


I mean, could there be a happier face?



The kids always get a book from Chuck and I on Christmas Day.

Wesley helps Ty with his I Spy book.



This year, Riley was surprised to find my old collection of Little House on the Prairie books in her box.


Will received the classic, King Arthur, as well as a new devotional book for boys.

And, Wesley got a hardcover collector's edition of Swiss Family Robinson.



Here are the kiddos after a scavenger hunt to reveal their Ultimate Gift for this Christmas. If you can read the letters in front of them, they spell out NATURE. Their packge included a Georgia State Park pass, binoculars, an explorer's pack for Ty and a book on waterfalls in Georgia. The challenge: to visit as many waterfalls in the state of Georgia as we can! We are looking forward to a fun year of camping, hiking, sight-seeing, and just enjoying God's creation as a family.




I think Ty took this picture. I love Christmas morning - can you tell?



Okay, so Chuck and I had an agreement that we were not going to give each other gifts this year. But, here's the deal, my husband is very difficult to find gifts for. He is not especially sentimental. He doesn't care much for clothes. He has every tool a man could need or want - thanks to his parents over the years. So, when I see something that I think he would like - I am going to buy it. I think I did pretty good this year - even though I had to break the rules a little.


Framed copies of the U.S. Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. He's happy, I'm happy! Rules are made to be broken on occasion.

Last, but not least - the family t-shirt!! It thrilled us to no end that our children could not go to bed that night without seeing their new tshirts of 2011. Chuck and I choose a theme every year(sometimes with the help of the kids) for our family. A lesson, if you will, that we believe God may be trying to teach us. Those of you who know Chuck and I, and our kids, know that we are a little on the Type A side when it comes to personalities. We like structure, order, efficiency, and the like. We are also in a stage of life where things are getting pretty busy and the demands for our time and attention are growing greater and greater everyday. Chuck and I had been discussing our need to really slow down, enjoy our days, laugh more, play more, focus on the important rather than the urgent, and treasure every moment with our children that we can. Thus, our tshirt design was born.
The theme for this year: Don't hurry, don't worry - Be Happy!
Our Scripture reference: "Happy is the man whose God is the Lord." Psalm 144:15


















No comments:

Post a Comment