Monday, April 30, 2012

Things you might see at the Cleft #2

Okay, so let me see if I can explain. As Ty is playing peacefully on the shores of our backyard pond, he suddenly decides that it would be a good idea to climb into the sandbox lid and push out into the water.  The big boys, hearing Ty call (not for help, but for attention) go into Rescue Hero mode, grab the canoe and paddles, and start to work their way over to where Ty is now stranded (and loving every minute of it).  In the meantime, Andrea comes running into my house to alert me to what is happening in my backyard (not to alarm or warn me, but to make sure that I have my camera on hand in order to capture this priceless moment!).  Well, it's a good thing that Ty is in no real danger because it takes quite a few tries before Will and Jarrett and Andy are able to make it close enough for Ty to grab hold of the paddle and be pulled to the safety of their boat (because a canoe with four  boys in it is always a safe place to be).  Meanwhile, Jacob and Will Mock are waiting on the shore and wondering why they hadn't thought of the idea first.  In the end, I guess all is well that ends well.  And as far as an explanation goes, I guess the best one I can come up with is . . .

Boys will be boys!








No comments:

Post a Comment